We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated, goal-oriented Accounting Professional at our head office, in Arusha, Tanzania. We’re looking for a General Accountant who has the skill or experience to manage the day-to- day operations of accounting, to join our Accounting Finance team.
The General Accountant will be responsible for providing scheduled support to the CFO in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintaining accurate and up-to- date accounts payable and receivable sub-ledgers and monthly account reconciliations, ensuring accurate and precise accounting in a company. Utilizing industry specific computer software are key components of this position.
To correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy, and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs & the Internet
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and oral communication skills, with the ability to
- communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, and resolve customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exhibit ability to quickly become familiar with and organize multiple priorities and processes
- Ability to work with several supervisors at once and effectively balance competing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Extraordinary planning, scheduling, and monitoring skills
- Organization skills with high attention to detail and accuracy problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, teamwork, and confidentiality
- technical accounting skills
- Ability to work with high precision in all financial preparations
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Proficient in Accounting package
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of local and International laws regarding Finances, Accounting, and Taxation
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- knowledge of finance principles & finance reporting
- Experience Required
- Experience with monthly, quarterly financial reporting and cash prediction
- Experience in creating and maintaining financial dashboards
- Experienced in processing accounts payable/receivable, sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations
- At least one-year experience in General Accounting or similar position.
- Requirements / Education / Qualifications
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field of study.
- Extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer accounting software systems
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel (will be tested)
- Recent Bookkeeping experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Accounts Payable
- Process vendor and supplier invoices, in a timely manner, verifying accuracy, approvals, and account coding in accordance with Ministry and agency requirements.
- Prepares cheques and associated reports, as required in accordance with agency schedules.
- Prepare and maintain pre-authorize payments monthly or as required.
- Prepare all Accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for posting to General Ledger monthly.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Enter and reconcile cheques cashed to accounting software monthly.
- Respond to vendor inquiries as required.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Administer Accounts Receivables
- Follow up on outstanding receivables
- Process all client or miscellaneous payments daily or as required to sub-ledger.
- Maintain and distribute an accurate listing of overdue accounts and suspensions in
- accordance with agency policies.
- Refer overdue accounts to Director of Finance for adjustments, write- off or collections.
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Respond to client or player account inquiries as required.
- Manage the collection of outstanding balances due from customers
- Prepare and mail customer invoices
Maintain a working knowledge of the payroll processes and software and provide backup as required.
- Assist the CFO with monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for approval of the Director of Finance.
- Assist with annual budget preparation as required.
- Prepare journal entries
- General ledger operations
Main Job Tasks
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements related to the accounting department such as invoice sheets, receipts, credit statements and expense accounts.
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements
- Look in inventory to ensure the match of purchase orders and receipts
- Keep track of all financial dealings of the company on a daily basis
- Ensure about the checks and drafts of company that they are archived and organized in a systematic manner
- Check whether all the finances are up to dated and take care of agreements such as lease agreements, rents, service providers,
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Draw up monthly financial reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested by the higher management
- Assist with year-end closings
- Prepare tax computations and returns for TRA and BRELA, in assistance from our Tax Consultants
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assist with payroll administration
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies, check differences, locate discrepancies and reconcile bank accounts
- Review and process expense reports Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Creating and sending invoices to clients
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly dashboards
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly payroll taxes
- Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts
- Reconciles transactions, financial data, and other information
- Pre – audits, verifies, and processes employee expense claims to review rules for employee compliance
- Designs prepares and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations
- Facilitate collaborative working relationships within our Sales, Sales Support, and Finance
- Post cash receipts & Reconcile cash on a daily basis
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
Fresh Graduates (Bachelor & Diploma Holders) are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your Resume to email@example.com
30 th July, 2017Share