Tanzania Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) officers visited our Arusha offices recently for Inspection & Periodical /statutory Medical Examination of our staffs. This was done as per the requirements for Tanzania Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 5 of 2003.
Here are some of the requirements for compliance with Tanzania OSH Act, that we, Seanelec (Tz) Limited, do;
- Make sure that the workplace is registered with OSHA, and it is having a certificate of registration as per Second Schedule of the Act;
- Workplace occupational health and safety risk assessment should be conducted at least annually in order to identify and to control the potential occupational hazards;
- The owner or occupier of the workplace should prepare a written occupational health and safety (OHS) policy and should ensure that it is implemented;
- The occupier of the workplace should ensure that, necessary statutory inspection(s), such as General workplace health and safety inspection, Workplace hygiene survey, Electrical safety inspection, etc, are conducted by Authorised OHS Inspector(s) as per OHS Act, 2003 in accordance with the nature of workplace.
- Ensure worker’s fitness to work
- Renewal of the Compliance licence i.e The owner or occupier of a workplace should report to the Chief Inspector one month before the expiry of valid compliance licence
Inspection identifies the key aspects of the Occupational Safety and Health (OS&H) compliance, and establishes the requirements for us to fulfill our responsibilities by cooperating with duly Safety and Health inspectors.
Some of the checkups ( medical) that were done to our staff include a general physical examination, spirometry test, vision test, audiometry test, blood pressure check, body-mass index (BMI), ENT Evaluation, etc.
Dr. Gershom P. Ruyange and his colleague Mr. Abubakari Shabani, led the team of professional Experts/Inspectors who were fully equipped with very modern tools to accomplish this task successful.
Here are some of the photos for the incident, where by Dr. Gershom was interviewing and examiningShare